Sunday 12 August 2012

rambling of an idiot

Parents. They are always there for us. Always thinking of our happiness. Always sacrificing their time, money and whatever else just for us. And their duty never ends. It only ends when they have passed. And even then there are those who will in somehow still get help from their late parents. 

Lucky them.

But unfortunately, thinking of our happiness clouds their own judgment. They try to think of what will make us happy when really sometimes they don’t have a clue. And sometimes we do what they ask us to do because they think it’ll make us happy when actually we just do it to make them happy even if it doesn't make us, the intended receiver, happy.

They think of our happiness, they tell us, if we don’t like it we still do it for their happiness.

It’s a fucking. Vicious. Cycle.

And then there is the protectors instinct in parents. They will do whatever it takes to protect us even from our own selves. And they can sometimes go way over-protective.  Its crazy being a parent. There isn't a rule book. There is no exact way on how to be a parent. What we shouldn't do and what we should or the limits.

I don’t know I guess for me it irritates me.  And I don’t mean to offend parents, I mean god one day I'm gonna be one of those parents and irritating the hell outta my kids and there will be another kid probably thinking this exact same thing.  Like I said, vicious cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment